GREEN TECHNOLOGIES AND SUSTAINABLE BUILDING PRACTICES
Phillips Edison & Company is committed to becoming an industry leader in energy efficiency, alternative power sources, recycling and other initiatives that will help us preserve and protect the environment. Our Green Dream Team includes property management, construction and development associates who are researching and implementing programs at our operating properties and new developments.
- Pursuing LEED certification for as many of our shopping centers as possible
- Building expertise within our organization
- Actively promoting the principles of reduce, re-use and recycle and establishing operating standards for service providers
- Encouraging and rewarding tenants for implementing green practices
- Establishing a PECO University syllabus for "learning green" and on-the-job learning activities for our associates.
Long before the Green Dream Team was formed in 2008, Phillips Edison’s property management, construction and development professionals were implementing energy efficient and eco-friendly practices. The specific focus of this specialized team has led to rapid growth in every aspect of these programs.
- Thermoplastic roofing systems
- Photovoltaic energy equipment
- Recycling programs
- High-efficiency HVAC units
- Support for alternative transportation
- WeatherTRAK irrigation control systems
Click here to see an instant update from our solar energy system at Four Hills Village.
We are currently focused on exciting new Green Dream Team initiatives:
- Establish a third-party solar energy program to expand the use of alternative energy
- Utilize LED technology in pylon signage, under-canopy lighting and other appropriate areas
- Train all regional property managers in the application of effective green technologies
- Complete the implementation of Green Options, a new program that allows customers to learn about the green techniques applied in the stores where they shop.
Green Options by Phillips Edison
Click here for a list of green technologies implemented in our shopping centers.
For more information about our goals and practices, click here for a PDF of our Green Dream Team profile.