Strategic Investment Funds Create New Opportunities
In today's economy, many developers, property owners and institutions find themselves in tough situations, facing needs such as:
- More equity to satisfy the lender's higher requirements
- Assistance to salvage the investment in a property taken back by a lender
- Additional funds to proceed when land has been entitled for retail development
- Partners who can inject new equity and operating expertise into a development project
Our Strategic Investment Funds (SIF) team understands what it takes to bring broken deals to fruition. We are ready to acquire properties, joint venture with other developers or take over a stalled project.
As part of the Phillips Edison family, SIF offers unique advantages:
- A national operating platform with best-in-class leasing and management capabilities
- Equity in the form of a dedicated fund for strategic investment opportunities
- A strong balance sheet and exceptional national lender relationships
In addition to these assets, our experience as development professionals adds value in countless ways, allowing us to quickly grasp both the pitfalls and the potential of retail and mixed-use projects.
The SIF team seeks opportunities based on the following criteria:
- Targeting retail or mixed-use assets 150,000 square feet or more
- Locations in major metropolitan markets and dominant locations in secondary markets
- Focused on power centers, lifestyle centers and mixed-use properties
- Acquisition, joint venture and recapitalization potential
David Birdsall, President, Strategic Investment Funds, (513) 746-2577
Scott Mitchell, Senior Vice President, Strategic Investment Funds / Eastern Region, (513) 619-5050
Roy Williams, Senior Vice President, Strategic Investment Funds / Western Region, (801) 983-6301
The table below includes SIF projects ranging from a partially developed acquisition in Frankfort, Kentucky, to an upscale mixed-use project in Cincinnati, Ohio. Click the property name for more information.